Our Sustainability Efforts
At FabFitFun, we are committed to decreasing our carbon footprint, while further increasing our efforts toward sustainability. Our goal is to continue providing you with your membership benefits while working toward being more environmentally friendly in future seasons!
Check out the steps we’ve taken each season.
- Different size boxes. In the summer season, we introduced two different Seasonal Box sizes in order to reduce packaging waste.
- Add-Ons included in your Seasonal Box. We’ve begun packing small Add-On items within your Seasonal Box to eliminate the need for a larger shipping box. Note, you will only receive your Add-Ons this way if they can comfortably fit inside your box.
- Upcycling. We’ve continued upcycling past Seasonal Boxes. This means that items purchased in a sale may ship in out-of-season boxes, so we can recycle past packaging!
- Switched to a 100% recycled kraft box. In fall, we made the switch from a standard bleached white box to a 100% recycled kraft box.
- Less ink on the box. Moving forward, we’re working with our box artists to create beautiful and unique designs that require less ink, which will help reduce our long-term greenhouse gas emissions!**
- More box size variations. We’ve added a third box size to help reduce the materials used to make the box and for additional packing needs. You may receive your items in a small, medium, or large-sized box depending on your box variation!
- Switched to recycled kraft paper. We replaced the inside tissue, labels, air pillows, and board inserts with 100% recycled kraft paper. Beginning in Summer 2021, we’re also including crinkle paper made from partially recycled materials.
How has this impacted the environment?*
By implementing smaller box sizes and moving to recycled packaging materials, since Fall 2020 there have been approximately:
- 44,809 trees saved
- 177,800,000 gallons of water saved
- 42% decrease in packaging-related greenhouse gas emissions per seasonal box**
*Numbers shown are estimates based on a comparison of the Spring 2020 seasonal box with the cumulative savings of Fall and Winter 2020 seasonal boxes. Statistics include switching to a 100% kraft box and switching to 100% recycled kraft paper in the box and magazine in Fall and Winter 2020 vs. Spring 2020.
**Reduction of greenhouse gas estimates are based on the lifecycle of the materials only and will not occur immediately; transportation not included.