Our Sustainability Efforts
At FabFitFun, we are committed to decreasing our carbon footprint, while further increasing our efforts toward sustainability. Our goal is to continue providing you with your membership benefits while working toward being more environmentally friendly in future seasons!
Check out the steps we’ve taken each season.
- Different size boxes. In the summer season, we introduced two different seasonal box sizes in order to reduce packaging waste.
- Add-Ons included in your seasonal box. We’ve begun packing small Add-On items within your seasonal box to eliminate the need for a larger shipping box. Note, you will only receive your Add-Ons this way if they can comfortably fit inside your seasonal box.
- Upcycling. We’ve continued upcycling past seasonal boxes. This means that items purchased in a sale may ship in out-of-season boxes, so we can recycle past packaging!
- Switched to a 100% recycled kraft box. This fall, we are making the switch from a standard bleached white box to a 100% recycled kraft box.
- Less ink on the box. Moving forward, we’re working with our box artists to create beautiful and unique designs that require less ink, which will help reduce our long-term greenhouse gas emissions!**
- More box size variations. We’ve added a third box size to help reduce the materials used to make the box and for additional packing needs. You may receive your items in a small, medium, or large-sized box depending on your box variation! Don’t worry, you will still receive a box with a value of over $200+!
- Switched to 100% recycled kraft paper. We replaced the inside tissue, labels, air pillows, board inserts, and bleached crinkle paper with 100% recycled kraft paper.
How will this impact the environment?*
- We will save approximately 31,302 trees
- A savings of approximately 97,306,287 gallons of water
By implementing smaller box sizes and moving to 100% recycled packaging materials, we will reduce our long-term greenhouse gas emissions by about 43.78%.** That’s equivalent to approximately:
- 244 passenger vehicles driven yearly
- 2.8 million miles driven by passenger vehicles
- 128,000 gallons of gasoline consumed
*All estimates based on a comparison of Spring 2020 box with anticipated Fall 2020 box. Statistics include switching to a 100% kraft box and switching to 100% recycled kraft paper in the magazine in Fall 2020 vs. Spring 2020.
**Reduction of greenhouse gas estimates are based on the lifecycle of the materials only and will not occur immediately; manufacturing and transportation not included