Beginning this Monday 6/24, we have begun transitioning to a brand new, more efficient warehouse management system (WMS)! This is something we’ve been hinting at for a few seasons now and the time is finally here. This transition is something we’re incredibly excited about, and we want to share some of the ways our members will directly benefit.
Our new warehouse management system will eventually allow for:
- Increased physical space to hold more inventory on the assembly lines
- Ability to create a greater amount of box variations on a single line, creating efficiency & flexibility, while allowing for greater personalization
- Better up-to-date knowledge and control of our inventory
- The printing and applying of labels to be the last step in the fulfillment process
- The ability to ship parts of orders separately if needed
- Improved fulfillment planning for greater efficiencies
For our members, this means that as we build using this system, you’ll start to notice these improvements over time:
- Shorter time frame between bill to ship for many of you
- A more accurate idea of where your box is and improved communication
- Fewer tracking numbers without updates
- Fewer “Out of Stock” issues and transparency
To ensure that this launch runs smoothly and successfully, our warehouse will be closed for 2 weeks between June 24th to July 8th. As a result, some of you might experience shipping delays during this time if you are expecting a replacement order and/or an order including a FabFitFun seasonal box. (As of now, any Starter Boxes ordered in this time should not be affected). Additionally, the Shop section of our website will be temporarily unavailable during the closure. Our team has been working long hours to ensure that pending orders are processed before we began the migration. We will be sending out email notifications for those of you with pending orders we have been unable to fulfill before the official closure.
When we reopen on July 9th, we will ramp up slowly while we ensure our systems are working properly and our teams are learning the new processes. We appreciate your patience during this time. Our Edit sale will still begin on July 1 for Select members as planned. We will bill for our Summer Edit sale on 7/10 and at this time, expect orders to ship within 3-weeks. Because this will be some of the first orders shipping out using this new system, we are temporarily extending the expected processing window by 1-week, for this sale only, to ensure we are covered for any unforeseen items that may arise.
We truly believe this new system will alleviate many of the pain points you’ve experienced and voiced to us over the past seasons, including our ability to be much more transparent with updates about your order. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we implement this massive change, and we can’t wait for you to experience the resulting benefits for seasons beyond!
Our members really are at the heart of everything we do, and your experience with us is always a top priority, so please contact our Customer Care Team if you have any questions or concerns, we’re always happy to help where we can.